Thursday, January 6, 2011

We got our finger prints done

Well we got tired of trying to convince them that since it was their mistake they should make it right!
So we decided what could we loose if we just drove to the fingerprinting office and played dumb, and it worked! Thank you God. They never even looked at the date they just processed us through. So now Alana and I are seeing how fast we can get plane tickets as we have been invited to live in a cottage about 5 minutes from Braeley's orphanage. It is on the orphanage grounds. We will spend the day with Braeley and take our meals with all the children who live there. I think this will be good for Alana to see what her life was probably like when she lived in the orphanage. But we are talking China here and not Taiwan. Alana's orphanage had no heat, AC or water. She verily had enough food to stay alive. At 2 years old she only weighted 16 pounds. Braeley's orphanage is Christian and those children are loved. But at least it will give Alana a jumping off place. I can explain the differences in her orphanage. I am excited to get a glimpse at what life in an orphanage is like. We have been told Braeley is not doing well. But I did get an email this morning saying they finally got her to eat. In the 3 weeks she has been there they could not get her to eat much. I am so glad she has taken a step forward. We can take Braeley where ever we feel ready but it is nice to know if it does not go well we can move slowly. We received word that Braeley had her physical and passed with flying colors. We also got updated information on Braeley this morning. She weights 33.2 pounds and is 37.2 inches tall. She will be 3 in Feb. Alana on the other hand turned 6 in Nov. and is 38 pounds and 45 inches tall. That means Braeley is only 5 pounds less at 2 and 3/4 year old as Alana is at 6. Alana at 6 is also only 8 inches taller than Braeley at almost 3.Any way this might be my last post. I will try my best to keep it up while I am in Taiwan. Rick will be traveling to Taiwan with his mother and step dad as soon as the paperwork makes it way there. I will be posting pictures here also.



Debby

1 comment:

Michele said...

I know it isn't funny- but I love the way you just went and got your fingerprints redone and played dumb. Seems like dumb is maybe the only way to work the system? Hopefully this will get you on your way to your baby!